This is the Elf on the Shelf. He's the newest member of our family. Katelyn named him Jackson. I guess since we never got to use that name for a son, she decided to give that name to our elf. He appears somewhere different every morning. During the night, he flies home (the North Pole) and reports the girls' behavior to Santa and lands somewhere different each morning. He's a lot of fun and a great new tradition we've started.
The girls watched Polar Express after we decorated the tree. I don't know who loves that movie more, the girls, or their mom and dad.

Our tree. I always complain about the mess of a real tree, but I do love it when it's up, especially the smell.
This is Kendall decorating the tree. If you know her, you don't need any further explanation. 
We've spent a large part of our week getting our house decorated for Christmas. It has been a lot of fun. The girls are such a fun age for the "magic" of the season. Katelyn is also at a great age to understand the true meaning of this time of year. We've been reading the Christmas story at night and really trying to emphasize what this time of year is all about. Kendall loves it all. She likes taking ornaments off of the tree! What a fun time.




0 comments:
Post a Comment